|Cinnamoroll Steam Mantou|
I will try to make this again, but maybe this time I will reduce the salt as I felt that the steamed mantou was a little too 'salty' for my personal liking.
The basic dough was not difficult to make, except that it was quite sticky so it kept getting stuck in my mixer. So I ended up using my hands to knead the dough (cheers to arm muscles :P). The time is spent more on portioning out the dough and mixing them into the different colors.
|Cinnamoroll Steam Mantou (Cinnamon character)|
- 200g - All purpose flour
- 6g Instant yeast
- 4g Baking powder
- 110g Milk
- 40g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salad oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Caramel powder
- 1/2 tsp Sweet potato powder
- Natural food coloring (yellow)
- Chocolate (to draw the facial features)
1. Add sugar, salt to the milk and mix well
2. Sieve the dry ingredients (flour, yeast, baking powder)
3. Place ingredients from step (1) and (2) together with salad oil into a large mixture bowl and mix well.
4. Knead the dough until it no longer sticks to your palm and forms a nice smooth elastic dough. You might need to add some flour or milk to adjust the consistency.
5. Portion out the dough and mix them into the different colors. The brown color was achieved by adding cocoa powder. Yellow was with caramel powder and some food coloring. And purple was from adding purple sweet potato powder.
6. Shape them into your characters. I used my hands to shape the head and eats of Cinnamoroll. I flatten some dough and cut out the body using a kitchen knife.
*Tip: Note that the bun when steamed will expand in size, so make it smaller than what you would want the final mantou size to be.
7. Let the dough rest for abut 20mins before steaming it.
*Tip: The remaining dough can be made into other shapes. In this case, I made them into hearts, twisties, and little lollipops.
8. Place them on a sheet of baking paper and steam over medium heat for about 12 minutes.
The original recipe is in mandarin, see here.
|Cinnamoroll Steam Mantou (Mocha character)|
Please support my blog ranking! Please just click the button below as the clicks will go towards the ranking! Thank you so much
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓